This weekend is active again, especially for the girls interested in technology. They will have the chance to attend a fantastic event organized jointly with Girls Coding Kosova, UNDP and Open Data Kosovo.
The workshops have started from 10:00 at the American University in Kosovo, while for every participant amongst many things there is also food, drinks and even hoodies. The organizers have agreed also to provide certificates to the participants as well.
Based on the joint agreement between the organizers the schedule for the participants includes:
- How open data is managed at Open Data Kosovo.
- System design and architecture for API development.
- Setting up a development environment with Ubuntu, getting familiar with the Terminal and installing various dev utilities such as Git.
- Source control with Git and GitHub.
- Introduction to NoSQL with MongoDB’s document based database solution. How to install it, run it, and how to manipulate data with queries from the terminal.
- Web development with Python and Flask.
- MongoDB in Python.
- Visualizing data with jQuery and Google Charts
The first day of the workshop was quite interesting with a full house at the venue, while the second day is expected to continue with the same intensity and even more energy towards open data. Make sure to head over to Girls Coding Kosova on Facebook for more details.