Bucharest, October 30th 2014. How to Web Startup Spotlight, competition and orientation program for early stage tech startups in Central and Eastern Europe, will bring together 32 teams from 10 countries this November. They will attend dedicated workshops and mentoring sessions and will get the chance to pitch their products on the main stage of How to Web Conference 2014, and also compete for the cash prizes of 20.000 USD offered by IXIA, main partner of the program.
The third edition of How to Web Startup Spotlight garnered applications from early stage tech startups that build products in the fields of wearable devices, Internet of things, mobile apps, medtech or ecommerce. The participants have been selected by a professional jury by looking at the team fit & experience, market size & trend, market validation, traction, customer acquisition cost, scalability, and overall feasibility.
Who are the How to Web Startup Spotlight 2014 participants? 32 startups building products with disruptive potential in software, hardware, Internet of Things, mobile, or medtech from Romania, Poland, Greece, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Montenegro, Bulgaria, Slovenia, and Moldova will attend How to Web Startup Spotlight inÂ between November 19 and 22. Meet the teams:
- 3Deva (Romania): hardware adaptor that converts your mobile device into a fully fledged VR and video hub;
- Attensee (Poland): online eye-tracking insights for website conversion optimization;
- Avandor Consumer Profiling (Romania): Open Consumer Data Platform available as SaaS to the entire ecosystem (sites, advertisers, agencies, ecommerce);
- Axosuits (Romania): affordable and easy to use exoskeletons for medical use;
- Bethall (Greece): social sports predictions marketplace that connects sports betting fans enabling them to find & publish predictions and match previews;
- Bitrise (Hungary): platform that automates iOS development in the cloud from building through testing to deployment;
- Blushr (Romania): mobile app that helps teenagers aged between 13 and 17 to find out which of their friends like them;
- CloudPress (Romania): hosted platform for designers to create responsive WordPress sites visually and publish them with one click when they’re done;
- DailyOne (Hungary): crowdfunding application for nonprofit organizations;
- Devicehub (Romania): web platform that makes sense of the data spewed out by billions of connected devices and helps the user make smarter decisions;
- Ecoisme (Ukraine / Poland): service and electronic device that allows people monitor their energy consumption, while also helping utility providers to reduce power peaks;
- Ekipa (Serbia): app that connects groups of three friends with other groups of three friends and facilitates their meetings in local venues;
- Fastrrr (Hungary): equipment that allows sailors to measure their exact speed over water (SOW) and detect the smallest differences in speed caused by a trimming session or changes in weather conditions;
- fittter (Romania): health and fitness mobile and web app that connects frequent business travelers with handpicked health coaches to provide them the tools to incorporate healthy habits on the road;
- Geostep (Montenegro): app that enables businesses to create interactive treasure hunts to get people to discover attractions, landmarks and hidden beauties through gamification;
- Latio Inc (Ukraine): customizable software development kit that enables developers & companies harness the potential of iBeacon technology without getting caught up in the details;
- Lifebox (Romania): Two-tap private photo sharing app that reminds you to share at the right time & adds the right friends & the right photos to the album;
- Marketizator (Romania): The 3 in 1 conversion rate optimization platform for ecommerce websites;
- Oblico (Romania): location based mobile app that uses your LinkedIn information to help you connect to the right professionals at events and conferences;
- Pocketo (Romania): platform as a service and hardware development kit to build wearables and make them communicate;
- PPrintee (Romania): mini-robot pocket printer that allows the user to print on the go, on every paper format;
- Project Wipe (Romania): electronic glasses that help people with visual disabilities in orientation and obstacle avoidance;
- Shipros (Romania): platform that brings together clients who need to ship goods with transporters in search for business on terrestrial shipment markets;
- StudyMentors (Bulgaria): Platform that connects prospective students at foreign universities with current students or alumni, helping the first make a documented choice of study destination and program;
- Style Jukebox (Romania): application that allows you to instantly access your entire music collection and enjoy high fidelity sound quality, on all your devices;
- Susurrus (Greece): platform that helps brands find the appropriate blogs that can promote their products through their content (blogposts) and measure the effectiveness of this sponsored activity through data analytics;
- Traderion (Romania): the game based recruitment and evaluation service for the finance industry;
- TravelStarter (Slovenia): alternative way of travelling that helps you get free travel rewards for helping local entrepreneurs (for example you receive free accommodation in the hostel you helped open)
- ViewFlux (Romania): online collaboration platform for designers which helps them improve their workflow;
- Vintage (Romania / Moldova): platform that brings together businesses and artists that showcase their art;
- VisionBot (Romania): a manufacture line for turning prototypes into industrial products that are in medium-quantity;
- Wr1st (Bulgaria): Bracelet for cashless payments, access control and user recognition at events.
Between November 19 and 22, the 32 teams attending How to Web Startup Spotlight will attend dedicated workshops and one-to-one mentoring sessions and will meet with well-known professionals in the global tech industry, as well as with representatives of some of the most appreciated acceleration programs and early stage investment funds from Europe and beyond. Moreover, the startups will get the chance to pitch their products in front of the entire audience of How to Web Conference 2014 and will compete for the cash prizes having a total value of 20.000 USD offered by IXIA, main partner of the program.
How to Web Startup Spotlight 2014 is a program developed in partnership with IXIA with the support of Telekom Romania, Bitdefender, Grapefruit, Avangate, Softlayer, CyberGhost, Hub:raum, Domain.me, The Canadian Embassy in Romania, and Reea, and it will start on Wednesday, November 19, with a pitching session at the end of which an initial ranking will be made. The jury will choose the 8 finalist teams that are going to compete for all the available prizes, as well as the 16 semifinalists that are going to challenge the finalists in their quest for the Best Pitch Awards, respectively the IXIA Innovation Award.
In the second part of the day, the Startup Spotlight participants will attend the dedicated workshops and the Startup Spotlight Office Hours that are going to take place at TechHub Bucharest. On November 20 and 21st, the teams will have access to all the How to Web Conference 2014 activities and will end each of the days with one-to-one mentoring sessions with professionals and experts in their fields of interest. How to Web Startup Spotlight 2014 ends on Saturday, November 22nd, with a late brunch during which the participants will get the chance to build valuable connections with key personalities in the global tech industry.
Startup Spotlight 2014 takes place during How to Web Conference 2014, the most important event dedicated to innovation, technology and entrepreneurship in South Eastern Europe. The 5th international edition of How to Web marks a new beginning for the conference and proposes an enhanced, more mature format, that discusses in depth several specific subjects. Thus, the main stage of the conference will bring into discussion topics related to future trends & entrepreneurship, while the specialized tracks about product management, game development and angel investments will help specific target groups gain valuable know-how in their field on interest. Early Bird tickets are available online on the conference website http://howtoweb.co/tickets until Wednesday, Thursday, November 13th.
The visibility of the event is ensured by the main media partners Netocratic, Inventures.eu, Newtrend.bg, IT Dogadjaji, Digjitale, EMEA Startups, Startupper.gr, The Pole Society, Adevul Tech, Play Tech, Hotnews.ro, Forbes Romania, Wall Street, Capital, Yoda, Times New Roman and the media partners Cariere, Business Review, Business Woman, Business Cover, Business 24, Incont.ro, Manager Express, Today Software Magazine, Gadget Trends, Comunicai Mobile, PC World, Agora, Games Arena, Ctrl-D, Startups.ro, Romania Liber Academia CaÅ£avencu, Evenimentul Zilei, Zelist, Comunicatedepresa.ro, Ziare.com, IT Channel, Softlead, Impact FM, Market Watch and Ejobs.