iOS10 is scheduled to roll out this fall, but those who can’t wait, here’s a very simple way to install it.
How to install in 6 easy steps
Although you can find different options available on the internet, including the official one, being a member of Apple’s iOS Developer program for $99 per year, my favorite one is this from redmondpie.com, which doesn’t require that you have a developer account. And besides that, it’s an OTA update so you’ll get other updates as well.
- Step 1: On your iOS device, launch Safari, and open this link
- Step 2: Download the profile to your device by tapping the Download as free member button.
- Step 3: When asked on which device would you like to install this profile? Select iPhone.
- Step 4: In the screen that follows, hit Install. After the profile is installed, your device will be rebooted.
- Step 5: Once your device is done rebooting, launch the Settings app, navigate to General > Software Update and you should find the iOS 10 Developer Beta OTA update waiting for you there.
- Step 6: Hit Download and Install, sit back and relax.
Overall on iOS 10 you will have the impression that you’re on Android on steroids, due to the fact of widgets on the home screen, notifications that show up as widgets, swipe right to launch the camera app, instant voice access to Siri (similar to how you can activate OK Google on Android), a home app to control IoT devices at home, Moments on Photos like Google Photos does, and much more.
- Improved lock screen
- Rise to wake
- Interactive notifications
- Swipe-able shortcuts
- Redesigns in Apple Music, Apple News, Home App, Maps, Photos+Memories, iMessage, etc.