TechPeaks – the People Accelerator is a start-up accelerator program supporting both teams and individuals to launch successful global businesses in information technology. The program has launched the next application call for Spring 2014, which is expected to start in March 2014 and continue for 4 months with the traditional Demo Day at the end. Deadline for this batch is January 20, 2014.
TechPeaks is a program of Trento RISE – the organization that connects several of the major actors in ICT research, education and business in the Trento region, in collaboration with Trentino Sviluppo. TechPeaks program is for individuals and consolidate teams with business ideas and even without an idea.
The accelerator is open to all international talents with a strong background in IT. The accelerator is looking for bright minds who are team players with personal qualities like responsibility, flexibility, self-motivation and leadership. If you would like to learn how to generate and validate business ideas, how to create and manage an international team, how to launch and develop a start-up, you can do all that at TechPeaks.
What could you expect from TechPeaks Program?
- International environment and entrepreneurial spirit
- Top-notch mentors from USA, Europe and Asia
- No equity for joining the acceleration program
- Exceptional opportunity package: free accommodation, free working space
- Support in free visa obtaining (read details in Terms and conditions)
- Monthly living allowance (700 euro)
- Up to 500 thousands euro non-equity grant from local government divided between best start-up teams based on competition and performance results at the end of the program
What TechPeaks expects from participants?
- To be 18+ years old
- Be able to prove talent in IT/design/business based on previous experience
- Be fully committed to relocate to Trento during the whole program (4 months)
- Will to integrate into TechPeaks start-up community and in local activities
TechPeaks mentors team includes professionals from companies such as Renaud Visage – CTO & co-founder of Eventbrite, Jeremiah Robison – VP Software at Jawbone, Matt Meeker – co-founder of meetup.com and Barkbox.com, Trevor Owens – CEO of Lean Startup Machine, James Currier – Entrepreneur and investor in Silicon Valley, and many others.
TechPeaks is a program of Trento RISE the organization that connects several of the major actors in ICT research, education and business in the Trento region in collaboration with Trentino Sviluppo. It is made in partnership with EIT ICT Labs. TechPeaks is a long-term initiative, already set up and funded for 4 years with 13M (~17M$) of committed capital.