Turkish company Guris Holding has announced the construction of new wind power plant in Kosovo.
The reports from the Turkish media did not specify the exact location of the site of the power plant in Kosovo, however, it is expected that the wind farm will have a total power output of 32 MW. Turkish daily Dunya reported that construction work on both wind power plants has been started, specifying that work on the 30 MW segments of both facilities was underway.
Musfik Yamanturk, the general manager of Guris Holding, which is considered to be one of Turkey’s leading renewable energy-based power producers, said that the company will be using GE (General Electric) wind generator turbines in the plants in Kosovo, adding that the guaranteed price of power from that wind farm is 8.5 cents per kilowatt-hour.
Yamantürk said for balkangreenenergynews, that the 32 MW plant in Kosovo will be commissioned in August or September of 2018.
Kosovo is still facing issues with stable power supply and relies heavily on coal power plants that produce 900 MW and which account for 97% of the domestical power production. The other 3% is produced from renewable energy sources.